Garage floor mats are sometimes an overlooked option when it comes to protecting or enhancing your garage floor today. With so many other flooring choices available in the market now, people often forget about the practicality, good looks, and the benefits of a good roll out mat.
Benefits of Garage Floor Roll Out Mats
If you need to protect your concrete from the dirt and oil that your cars deposit on it or want to hide some cracks and stains, nothing can be simpler than these. With this in mind, here are ten reasons to consider roll out mats for your garage.
- Protects your concrete from contaminants. Though this is always an obvious reason, a good mat will protect your slab better than most other garage floor coverings. They are oil, chemical, and stain resistant. They also stand up to abuse if your garage is used as a workshop. Another thing to consider is that being water resistant; mats will protect your concrete from freeze thaw damage if you live in a cold winter climate as well as damage from road salts.
- They absorb sound and insulate against the cold concrete. Because of their polyvinyl construction, mats do a good job of absorbing sound waves instead of bouncing them off like concrete does. This eliminates the hollow sound of your garage that many people find annoying. They also act as a barrier from the cold concrete if you use it as a workshop in the winter or do the laundry.
- Anti-slip protection. If you live in a wet climate, then you know how water or snow can collect on the floor creating a slip hazard. Many roll out garage floor mats are anti-slip and eliminate the fear of slipping and hurting yourself in such conditions.
- Hides cracks, stains, and pitting. If you have an older concrete floor that has collected its fair share of unsightly cracks and stains, then a roll out mat will hide these with ease. No floor prep is needed, just cover them up and watch them disappear.
- Creates a nice clean smell. Many of the roll out mats available today have a nice clean scent. When you cover your entire garage floor with these, they have a tendency to mask some of the musty odors that emanate from a garage.
- Easy to clean. The polyvinyl construction of these mats makes for easy cleaning when it comes to dirt and spills. Oil wipes right up and dirt and grime can be collected with a dust mop or a damp household mop.
- Reduces the amount of debris tracked into your home. Due to concrete’s porous nature it is always producing dust and collecting debris. Even if you swept your floor every day, concrete dusting will always be tracked into the house. Roll out garage mats will stop the dusting problem. Because they are so easy to clean, they will eliminate these issues and reduce the amount of dirt and debris tacked into your home.
- They are light reflective. Because of their glossy finish, mats are light reflective and will brighten up your garage during the day and when you have your overhead lights on.
- Good looks. Let’s not forget this one. Available in many different colors, garage floor mats can drastically improve the looks of your garage as well as the floor. A dull and boring garage can be transformed just from this alone.
- Easiest flooring system to install. They aren’t called roll out mats for nothing. You just roll them out and cut to fit with a utility knife. It really is that easy. You don’t glue them down and you can use special double sided tape on the edges if you want to butt them up tight to each other.
Roll out mats for a garage come in a variety of different colors and tread designs. Cost will also vary depending on the thickness. One of the leaders in garage floor mats today is Better Life Technologies. We highlight what we consider one of the best values in garage floor mats today. You can see it here.
If you want a no-nonsense garage floor covering that gives some of the best protection to your concrete with the easiest installation, then a roll out garage mat system is definitely something to consider. They are not that expensive when compared to the more pricey options such as epoxy coated floors or interlocking tiles. Plus, they will enhance the look of your home and increase the functionality of your garage in less than a day.